The Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences (IMCAS, http://www.im.cas.cn) was founded on December 3, 1958. Holding “Studying Microbe, Developing High-Tech, and Promoting Big Industry”, the Institute focuses on pathogenic microorganisms and immunity, microbial resources and microbial technology. It is a national comprehensive research and development institution of microbiology and microbial technology with solid foundation, strong strength and wide influence. It is located in the Olympic Village Park of CAS, Chaoyang District, Beijing, adjacent to the "Bird's Nest" and national 5A forest park.
In order to strengthen research capacity and optimize discipline layout as well as team organization, we call for applications of principal investigators in microbiology-related fields at home and abroad. Research areas include, but not limited to, Microbial Diversity and Biological Big Data, Molecular Microbiology and Transformative Biotechnology, Microbial Interaction and Microbiome Engineering, Pathogen-Host (humans, plants and animals) Interaction, Modern Vaccines and Anti-infective Drugs, Agricultural Microbiome, Arboviruses (Agriculture and Health), Genomics and Bioinformatics, etc.
Competitive research fund & salary package:
We will support successful candidates in their applications for National Natural Science Fund for Excellent Young Scientists Fund Program (Overseas) or CAS talent projects. We will provide internationally competitive agreed annual salary and welfare benefits, research start-up fund of RMB 5-10 million, settlement subsidy of RMB 2.1 million, laboratory space of 130-230 square meters and team assistants, support conditions for world-class medium and large equipment sharing platform, and transfer housing and preferential rental subsidies for high-quality talents around the institute. We will assist children to enroll in kindergartens affiliated to CAS and schools with agreement. The specific welfare standard will be determined through consultation with the candidates.
Excellent candidates will get special offers on project funding, research condition, team support and welfare according to their experiences and performance.
1. Born after January 1, 1983 (inclusive); have a doctoral degree.
2. After obtaining the doctoral degree, applicants should hold a formal teaching or research position in an overseas university, research institution or enterprise research institution before March 15, 2023, and have more than 36 consecutive months of working experience. For those who have obtained a doctoral degree overseas and have made outstanding achievements, the requirement of working time may be relaxed appropriately.
3. To achieve first-class scientific research or technological achievements recognized by international peer experts, and have the development potential to become academic leaders or outstanding talents in the field.
4. Have not returned to China to work full-time, or come back to China to work after January 1, 2022. He/she must quit his/her overseas job or have no job overseas and return to China to work full-time for at least 3 years after receiving the grant.
5. To implement the requirements of relevant departments of the central government on coordinating and connecting the national plan for scientific and technological talents. Only one national plan for scientific and technological talents at the same level can be undertaken.
Resume, five representative papers, future research plan and at least three recommendation letters from peer experts at home and abroad (Please directly send recommendation letters to email@example.com).
Applicants for the National Natural Science Fund for Excellent Young Scientists Fund Program (Overseas) should submit their applications before March 1, 2023.
Address: NO.1 Beichen West Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100101, China.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Contact: Ms. Liu, +86-10-64807477
Mr. Zhou, +86-10-64807227